Sunday, July 1, 2007

IS THIS CANADA??



So here I am by the beautiful Nanaimo waterfront taking in the family activites with my family when I caught a glimpse of myself in this marvously polished

boat propeller. Perfect for a self-portrait I thought.

Anyway, the kids were dressed ever so sweetly and I wanted to get some great Canada Day shots -waving flags etc. Most patriotic I thought. Alas it was not my day for photography. Everything was too dark and shadowy and my almost 9 month old kept eating the flag (showing his own form of patriotism?). So I pondered as to what I could do with these shots.



I came up with the following question? What makes our landscape uniquely Canadian. Sure there are the new "Seven Wonders of Canada" but there are also tiny pockets (micro-climates, if you will) that one would never think of as being in Canada such as this tiny frog. He could very well be in the lush understudy of a tropical forest or in a native plant of Bermuda. But no. We discovered this tiny creature in the backyard of my parents house, right here in Nanaimo.
Hope everyone had a smile and a happy Canada Day :D

No comments: