Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WOOLY WONDERS







So, I've been on a knitting spree. I have discovered these rather yummy yarns - they have lots of mohair in them plus a bit of shiny bling. Knitted two scarves in two days and em looking forward to designing more to be available at the Nanaimo Farmer's Market this spring. The colours really lend themselves to evening-wear and would certainly dress up any little black number!!


They will be safely hidden in my studio since my lovely, imaginative 3 year old likes to make "spaghetti" - this involves unraveling yards and yards of yarn (usually on the quiet when I am fooled into thinking she is looking at a book) and making piles of delicious pasta noodles. I credit her penchant for Curious George's naughty antics and her love of the stuff for this truly unique passtime!
I have also just received in the mail, a knitting gadget from England that makes wonderfully pretty things. Stay tuned for more...


No comments: