Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I TWEET!







This is one of my latest bags using recycled coffee packaging and burlap coffee sacks. It features a crown- sporting blackbird declaring ,"I TWEET". Of course tweeting now possesses a new meaning worldwide and I like the double entendre this quietly dapper bird proclaims.

I free hand cut out the lettering from silver packaging and sewed onto the hessian fabric. The bird was also drawn free hand onto black coffee packaging and embellished with a coordinating crown, wing and tail plumage detail. His legs are grocery store twist ties and eye is a brad from my scrapbooking stash. (I'd really like to find a cell phone charm to really enhance the birds double meaning)






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Perhaps I should get you and E. to collaborate on my new logo!

Ann @ The Scrapbooking Housewife said...

This is fantastic, Karen!! Love it!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks...they are so fun to create especially using discarded stuff. Free is good!