Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pretty Things...


Our lives should always be filled with pretty things - Elizabeth and I have been picking "posies" of flowers from our garden and they instantly pretty up the rooms they are in. After 6 seasons my pale pink paeony produced one luscious, perfect flower. The debate was to cut or not to cut...well you can see from prior photos that cutting won, and I am pleased. The rain would have washed the petals away anyway (so I reason with myself).

Another pretty thing that has entered my life is my Rhembein bag that my husband bought for me at last Saturdays Salt Spring Island Market. I absolutely love the fabrics and it, well, just makes me feel good. I even had to go and purchase some new tops to accompany the brilliant colours of this new fave pretty thing.

I've included http://www.rhembein/ in my list of sites I like and everyone should check it out. Gyl's children's dress designs are absolutely stunning - THAT is what little girls should be wearing!!!

Her site is so inspiring to me since I also love pretty fabrics and sewing, photography and tales of the everyday.

(I am quite chuffed that you can see my bag amoungst the other beautiful creations shown - I rather feel like I should be in "Hello" Mag (Canadian edition, of course) as a who's who sporting Canadian originals!!!!)

Hope you all enjoyed your days.

KEW

1 comment:

gillian said...

Oh good gracious I only JUST NOW discovered that email from you and this post!! I am flattered! I love that bag, and it was one of my favorite combos for colours, and those fabrics are still some I have in my own collection! Glad you enjoy it! Hope you still are! Hee hee!

~gyl