Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A JOY DIVISION SORT OF DAY

Today we missed story time because we were mucking about on YouTube for too long this morning. We watched a show called Control last night all about Joy Division and John had to revisit all of their videos and related bits this morn on the computer. I really like music from that era even though I was wee(ish).
It was also a bright & sunny November day on the West Coast. I raked some leaves and went for a walk with my husband and kidlets. As usual we collected "nature ephemera" - leaves, fir cones, dandelion heads, whirligigs, hydrangea flowers. It is utterly important that my children are familiar with and embrace nature in this plastic, disposable world we inhabit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Sounds like you had a nice day together.
I preferred New Order myself!