Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BIRTHDAY PREPARATIONS






















This year Elizabeth is having a "Ballet Birthday" Party and I want to make it very special for her and her attending friends. Each year to date we have had a themed party - polka dot, silly hat and flower parties so far. This year I have challenged myself to make and create all of the party accoutrement's. It's been a happy challenge thus far. Elizabeth chose the ballet theme and I made all of the party invites - easy to do when you have a scrapbooking business and love of all things papery.
While I am not totally against goody bags full of plastic bits (the kids like them), they do not really fit our party sensibility. We are trying to be mindful of where things come from these days too so the hand crafted route is one we are taking. I do have a penchant for supplies so I was thrilled to use what I had at hand to create all of my goody bag items for the girls.
The tutus are Fiona's design at http://www.pipnmillycreations.com/ . I used yards upon yards of creamy tulle that I had leftover from wedding six years ago. They are no sew tutus and kept me multi-tasking in front of the tv in the evenings. Together they are ethereal and remind me of beautifully light jellyfish gracefully swimming in the sea. Can't wait to see all the girls wearing them together.
At Elizabeth's last ballet class, they used wands to dance and prance with so we HAD to have them too. I downloaded a template from the computer and used sparkly coordinating papers. A piece of doweling acts as their base and curled ribbon makes them magical.
It's been very satisfying to use our imaginations to create these wonderful party favours also to use supplies I've had in my stash. Now we just have to cue the music and.....dance!!!!!

No comments: