Friday, October 30, 2009

HALLOWEEN PART 1













Well, I finished Elizabeth and Quinn's little vests just in time (thanks to Fiona for lending me a perfect pattern). They are being Jessie and Woody from Toy Story, a favourite movie at this time. Of course, cow print fabric would have been true to the characters, however, creative licence and the "reduced" wall led to better economic sense with orange corduroy and navy upholstery fringewhich seemed a wiser choice.

I made two star "sheriff" badges from the recycled burlap sacks and old coffee packaging. The burlap lends the perfect old world, rustic, wild west feel and they are easily attached and removed with a safety pin.

I also created two modest Halloween Bags (I always abhorred those carrying pillow cases ,the epitome of greed). Again, burlap was used along with a pumpkin applique that I created from free hand cutting scraps from remnants at my sewing desk. These were sewn onto the burlap then made into the bag. The ghost was some leftover quilting batting with two little eyes and a burlap mouth. They each have small handles - perfect for little hands. Now we just have to practice our "Trick or Treats".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all turned out great! Well done you!