Tuesday, August 18, 2009

CANVAS MINI-ALBUM

















So here are a few pics of the swatches of painted canvas from the previous post. They lent themselves quite well to the Bind-It-All machine which has proved to be a great investment. Again with most of my projects I like to "wing it" and see what happens for the work to morph into completion. This album turned into one entitled "Beautiful Things". I had planned on doing lots of doodling and journaling on the pages, however, when scouring through my treasured stash, I came upon some single word rub-ons (remember, adore, adventure, treasure, explore, memories and smile). The sentiments proved more meaningful alongside the photos than a jumble of words and, hence, a more minimalistic album evolved. They also lend a visual continuity amongst the pages. I did leave one page to dedicate to journaling and look forward to filling it with words of, well, beauty.
The photos are of my family and garden all of which exude beauty. Embellishments are also minimal - the odd charm, button, paper flower and brad. I used my MOST favourite alpha stamps for the cover title. They remind me of an old typewriter font (the kind I actually learnt to type on in highschool which was manual, clonky and loud - it was the 80's after all).

I love the jagged edges, bold colours and general feel of this album and plan to make many more of a similar kind.