Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CORN





I love watching my kids eat. When they are famished with hunger they really, really enjoy their food. Corn is a new favourite summer time food for them. They eat with concentration and passion.

I love that they pronounce this vegetable Co'orn, adding a syllable along the way. Elizabeth's first tooth came loose with this latest cob. I have been asking around to see what the going rate for the tooth fairy is. Some coworkers insist upon five dollars per tooth. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say. I was thinking of the quarter that I received back in the day. I do have to account for inflation, I suppose. A loonie seems a decent amount although if you add up every tooth in their mouths and multiply by two children, it does add up.

Maybe next year we'll try growing our own co'orn. We might get enough harvest for one meal but it will be exciting all the same.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

I agree with a loonie- $5 oh my god!!

Anonymous said...

A loonie is plenty! I remember being at a friend's house when my tooth came out and her parents gave me a dollar - the one and only time I ever received that much!