Monday, August 3, 2009

Fabric Mini-Album






























Yesterday I was thinking of ideas for our 52 challenges at http://www.ellabelladesigns.ca/ . I was enjoying a quiet (and very rare) moment with a coffee and perusing some fave blogs. Link after link I stumbled across Elizabeth Kartchner's wonderful blog and was instantly inspired by her soft fabric mini albums. (It was strange actually, since I'd been gazing at my laundry gently swaying in the wind and contemplating writing a post on that subject when I found myself on Elizabeth K's blog where she has the cutest little image of laundry on a line with colourful scrapped paper, meanwhile her posting that day was entitled "Serendipity".....h'mmmmmmm.)

Anyway, I was immediately taken with her ideas and remembered that I had a stack of 4 inch square fabric pieces that were leftover from the quilts and soft blocks that I had made when expecting.

I remember choosing all of those colourful (and quite mismatched) lengths of fabric. I cut them up into loads of squares and recall a pleasant afternoon laying them all over the living room floor in random fashion prior to sewing them together to form what are now two quilts and 5 soft blocks.

Elizabeth has always loved her quilt she named "New Quilt". It is layer number 4 of 7 blankets, sheets and bedding that make up her winter Nest.

The soft blocks were a hit when the kids were small and they still like to toss them around. Now we have this new little mini-album to accompany our hand crafted keepsakes. Not sure yet what whether to put real photos inside or copy some photos onto muslin and sew them into the album....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.